Travel and accommodation
For your information, the Nepalese Rupee works out at approximately Rs 100 = $1.
Finding a place to meet your budget is never a problem in Nepal and you can sleep well from $US 7 to $US 100. Similarly in Pokhara and Kathmandu there is a range of local and international cuisine to suit everybody.
Start location will be announced shortly. Anticipate middle of lakeside.
Travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara
It’s easy. From Kathmandu you can come to Pokhara on a local public bus (not recommended), a (cramped) micro-bus, tourist bus (good), private vehicle or even fly. It takes around 7 hours and $US 6 with the slowest method, up to around $US 114 to fly one-way. You can share a car for about $100 split between passengers.
For flight booking contact: email@example.com and we’ll handle it for you.
Make a vacation of it: what else to do in Nepal?
This race is just one day, albeit a long one. What to do with the rest of your time in Nepal? The weather is dry, the skies clear and daytime temperatures are around 25°C. With a few days, a week or more, there is much to do:
- Trek: Annapurna base-camp is a close by and an amazing 6-7 day trek.
- Trail running: You could fly up to Jomsom in Mustang, and run to holy Muktinath and back. There are many other trails with lodges meaning you can travel light. Those experienced at altitude could run or walk the famed Annapurna circuit as Lizzy Hawker did in January 2011 taking just five days.
- Adventure sports: Mountain biking, rafting, kayaking, bungy jumping (world’s 3rd largest), paragliding.
- Culture: Kathmandu valley offers the globe’s highest density of UNESCO World heritage sites, Kathmandu and Patan Durbar squares, Pashupathinath, Bouddha and on it goes – try it as a culture run! (http://bit.ly/culture-run)
- Nature: It’s all around you but Chitwan offers an immensity of wildlife and jungle fun.
- Spiritual: Meditation retreats and fantastic & low cost massages come to mind.
- Parahawking: Karmaflights Parahawking Experience Day Package or paragliding with the same company.
- Rafting: Enjoy 1/2 day of rafting on the upper Seti with Paddle Nepal
- Paragliding: Experience the thrill of flight with a tandem paragliding experience with Open Sky Paragliding
For any accommodation, travel or activity questions, please contact us.