55 km – Registration and transport to the Race Start
Welcome to Nepal!
Race day is nearly here. Here is the essential information for registration and reaching the start line.
- water bottles or bladder to carry minimum 1 litre
- mobile phone (with the emergency number dialled in)
- jacket (windproof or waterproof)
- emergency blanket
- buff or warm hat
- headtorch (with spare batteries for 55 & 100 km)
- Rs 2000 (emergency money)
- 400 calories emergency food
- warm long sleeved top [100 km only]
- running tights over the knee [100 km only]
There will be buses from Lakeside, Pokhara to the start line in Dhampus. These will leave from the Busy Bee Cafe (google map link) at the times below. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early and keep to the bus you selected. Please be aware that roads in Nepal aren’t what you are used to. It is only a short distance but the bus journey will take about 2 hours and some of it will be rough!
- 04.30pm Thursday
- 08.00am Friday
- 10.00am Friday
- 11.30am Friday
- 13.00pm Friday
- 15.00pm Friday
- 18.00pm Friday
Bring your baggage to the start line where we will keep it for you to collect after you finish your race. Please make sure you use the baggage tag provided in your race envelope. You must have your timing chip scanned as you enter the start area. The area will be open from 20 minutes before the start, once you are inside you cannot leave! There will be a very short briefing before you start.