Some changes have been made to the previously stated race information. Please read carefully.
- Thur 25th Oct
Drop into Freedom Adventure office for any questions & help. Location map.
- Fri 26th Oct
9:00 – 14:00, then briefing, then regsitration continues 16:00 – 19:00. Registration at the same location.
14:00 – Race briefing at location to be announced.
- Sat 27th Oct
02:30 – 100km Report to start
03:00 – Start
04:00 – Barahi Chowk, Hallan Chowk, Pritvi Chowk bus to Begnas Lake (Hotel Day Break)
04:30 – Local runner registration & payment. Tea biscuits bananas water available until start time
05:00 – 50km start
15:30 – Prize giving in Sikles
Pre-arranged private jeeps will leave to return to Pokhara. (Recommended to stay the night in Sikles and return after breakfast. Book a PM flight to KTM.)
- Sun 28th Oct
06:00 – 100km course closes (24 cutoff)
06:30 – 100km breakfast & prizes distribution
07:00 – 50km departure from Sikles to Pokhara, arrive ~12:00
08:00 – 100km Transport to Pokhara lakeside, arrive ~09:30
12:00 – Pokhara informal lunch gathering at a lakeside location TBA.
Entry quotas 50 km = 70 bibs, 100 km = 30 km.
The race registration fee is given here which includes:
- Race entry.
- Official race t-shirt.
- Certificate of participation (collectable at the finish only).
- Finishers medal.
- Accommodation and post race dal bhat (rice, lentils, vegetables) in finish villages Sikles (50 km) and Ghachok (100 km).
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit is Rs 2000 (approximately USD 20).
- Bus transportation to 50 km start, and return drop for both races at Pokhara Hallanchowk.*
- Trophies for 1st/2nd/3rd for mens and ladies categories in 100km and 50km.
- 8-12 Water Points with mineral water, bananas, black tea, veg noodle soup, salted biscuits, coke/fanta, drop bag facilities and soup at finish point.
- Medical support.
- Drop bag facility (100 km: 3 x bags, 50 km: 1 x bag).
- Finish bag delivered to finish hotels.
- Saturday return from 50 km finish: If you wish to return Saturday evening after your 50 km finish, then private jeep transport must be arranged. The 4 hour jeep journey is $30 per head and must be reserved in advance. This is open to runners finishing by 5pm only. At this time your seat will be sold on to any others (if any) wishing / needing to travel as the jeep has to leave on time and you will be refunded (if sold), and you must travel on the first bus Saturday morning. Please try to book return flights to Kathmandu in the evening.
Supporters can also come to the finish, but supporter places area limited as our accommodation is limited. For 50 km supports a fee of €90 is levied for jeep travelling to start, CP4 and CP7 then finish, accommodation in Sikles (subject to availability) and return to Pokhara by bus.
Much of your entry fee funds Nepali runners to come and compete (travelling as many as two days to reach Pokhara) and prize money. This is a race-only event, and you manage your travel and accommodation prior to and after the race according to your own preferences, though we can help you with bookings for buses, flights and hotels to make it easy.
Tiny* cash prizes will be given for the 50km and 100km top 3 finishers male and female. * Subject to our sponsorship arrangements.
Aims and objectives
- To promote ultra/trail running in Nepal.
- To invite foreign runners for ultra/trail running in Nepal.
- To assist talented Nepalese runners to compete and grow trail running in Nepal.