The race has enough food & drink stations. However, you pass through several villages with tea shops and basic lodges/restaurants that offer supplies and shelter.
Nevertheless, for safety reasons, runners need to be prepared and carry a minimum of supplies and equipment to cover for night fall, changes in weather, hypothermia, and unexpected circumstances.
The items marked with an (*) are obligatory for all.
- Water bottle(s) carrying 1 litre.
- Mobile Phone – Local SIM card is available for Rs 100. (About $1 and you need photo and passport & visa copy)
- Windproof & waterproof jacket
- Buff or hat
- Headtorch + spare batteries (for 100km)
- Rs 1000/- cash in small change
- Some energy bars/gels or other energy-rich food (e.g. dried fruit & nuts) *
This check will be done during registration and random CPs.
- The temperature on 22nd October at 4AM will be approx. 14 °C so have warm clothes for at the start. Your bag will be taken to the finish.
- During the day, shorts and a normal running t-shirt are sufficient. Running tights are fine. Wear a shirt that covers shoulders and neck to protect from the sun.
- A second layer (jacket) is needed for when you stop.
- It could become cool if it rains. Consider taking a thin hat, thin gloves, thin fleece top (and all can be bought for a few $ each in Pokhara). Running tights are also advised.
- Take some ORS sachets.
- Apply (and take along sunscreen), and wear a cap. We expect sunny weather.
- You may also consider taking a small medical kit for blisters and abrasions.
- It is necessary to carry spare batteries for your head light/torch.
- Take money. Up to Rs. 2,000 will be more than plenty and small (Rs. 100) notes are best. There is enough simple food and drink at checkpoints but you can buy extra as you need if you have money. Prices rise with altitude/distance from the road head. Some indications:
- Half liter of Coke: from 100 Rs 100 to 200 Rs
- Chocolate bar: from 80 Rs to 150 Rs
- 1 litre bottle of water: from 20 Rs to 100 Rs
- There is mobile phone reception on much of the route. Take your mobile phone. A list of phone numbers will be given to you.